Friday, December 5, 2008

i got my head shaved


Woo-hoo

No, they aren't pictures of me, I'll get to why Colin Farrell is there in a short while.

It's true, I used to have long hair. In fact I was often mistaken to Jesus. The only difference my hair was in fantastic condition. It was long, silky, never seen a split end or a ghd whereas I'd hate to wonder what product went into that man's hair. It came to the point were women envied it, so much that I was dragged to a salon by a woman (Etain Kidney) to get rid of it.

Do you know what though? I have no regrets. As each hair fell swiftly on the ground I smirked with happiness. I hid this carefully though, hate for Etain to get a bigger (than she already has) head. For once, I felt I could walk down the crossfires of Kilnamanagh without anyone rising their head to see if I was a girl with a beard. Being a gay man, I no longer felt like the raging fairy that flew across the scene (secretly i still am, just hiding it better with a shaved head and a boyish walk I learned to adapt from my Tallaght peers).

Then I look in magazines and see the likes of Colin Farrell with long hair and I'm like what the hell was I thinking. He don't look hot with long hair, he looked hot with short hair. Now, look at the pictures above (understand the usage now?), it is clear Colin is hotter with short hair-what the fuck is he thinking? Maybe he's taking on my own advice which was that every man should attempt to grow their hair once and see the results. Lucky for me I was hot with long hair, Colin ain't! I don't like to be the one to say it but it's true.

I understand why David Beckham, now with a shaved head showing off his golden balls is making millions. The reason-it's hot. If he had the hair he once frolicked around with, it would like a Baywatch advertisement in black and white. That may sound good but not in relation to guys-to cheesy! Shaved head and in a black+white shot-HOT!!!(I add the capital letters with male perspiring passion).

Don't get me wrong some men, like myself, can get away with long hair. These people are Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp. And they are hot in every way a man should be. If anything they are properly hotter with the length (Antonio Banderas in Assassins, point made).

My point in the end of the day, Colin should shave his head and I'm a happy camper with my new short hair do.



No comments: