Saturday, January 30, 2010

i heart dublin

I better get back to this blog, I've noticed a follower or two have left my right side. Sorry for the low input but it's been a busy month but I have a load of post in my head ready to jot.

As I just said, January has been a very busy month. Thinking about it at the moment, quite stressful in deed. You see, just finished in my training hospital and now about to embark on the big London. I was meant to be going towards the end of January but my Garda clearance was keep delaying me. Now I'm going at the end of February. I have my accommodation sorted now but that was a great factor in the hassle-filled month that is coming to an end. Just have to worry about money, so working nights to get as much as I can. However, nights have led to me been very unsocial like and an empty blog as we have discovered.

So my mind has being very London bound of late and for good reason too. I was just getting so bored of Dublin and with the current economic situation, it just made more sense to move. And I just don't think I could live in my house any longer. My family can be a pain in the ass, as I've said before I'm no Saint Davih (so basically I'm admitting I'm equally at fault at some of the rows in the house too) but it's definitely time to leave and grow up a little on my own accord.

Of course I will miss my friends and my family (eventually) but I just wasn't feeling Dublin any more.

Then one Saturday night when I was heading to my mates house, I was walking through town (Dublin city) when it began to snow heavily. The snow had been about now for a week at this stage but I never seen the centre of Dublin like that before. I was even saying to everyone that this was so magical, lame I know but true all the same. You see, you would never see such a thing, the snow would generally be grey and horrible an hour in to it been settled on the ground. I was just very lucky that I got off the luas when I did.

This just gave me a new found respect for Dublin, it made me realise how much I love and adore the place. Generally I hate the hating Dublin gets at times but to be honest I was getting sick of it. That was then and this now, and coming back to Dublin will be a pleasure every time I do. I heart it so much and all the people in it close to me too (I knew this would eventually get sentimental). So when I land in London airport, I know I'll be thinking of the next time I'm sitting outside on St.William Street with my mates.

Dublin equals good times equals Dublin hearting.

No comments: