Tuesday, December 29, 2009

if there's a will, there's a christmas decoration

Last Christmas was tough, I just lost the festive spirit. However this year I think it was restored to some extent, I was evening working from the 25th-27th and not a bother.

I think it's mainly because of my niece. Last year she just crawled around not doing much, this year she says 'Ho ho!', at the sight of Santa and gets all excited when the Christmas tree lights go on. Not only that but the Christmas shopping, getting to see the lights on people's houses and most importantly, the decorations.

Yes Christmas tree decorations are my favourite thing about Christmas, I just adore them. I dressed the tree this year, I was in awe with how beautiful my tree was. I would actually prefer to watch the tree than a film, it puts my mind at ease. I make it my duty that decorations are bought for the tree every year, one year I even got Christmas decorations for my mam's Christmas present. The above picture is not justifiable in comparison to the decorations that tangle gracefully on my tree.

You may laugh, but my tree is amazing. I have (and this is no lie) asked for the decorations to put in my mam's will. My sister has objected such a thing, the following only stresses how much these glowing objects are to me. She doesn't think its quite fair that I get ALL the decorations. I wouldn't mind but she's getting all her jewellery. She has developed a plan that the decorations should be divided, that one person picks five, then the other picks their five and so on until there is no decoration to spare.

However, this will never be the case. I will bring it to the courts if I have to, family or no family, these Christmas decorations are mine.

1 comment:

UnaRocks said...

You gotta fight fight fight fight fight for those decoration!