Tuesday, November 24, 2009

what to collect next?

Since I was born I was always some form of a collector. My mother use to go into McDonald's and buy two set of toys, for me and my elder brother. I even remember having some of the ones below in my collection. It even came to the point that we got the boxes that you get with the Happy Meals and extra toy kept in it's packaging, so that we could sell them in years to come. Toys such as the ones below, became the first of the many things I collected.

The McDonald's toys were a continuous collection until my secondary school years. During this time I collected other things such as magazines. The first of the magazines I collected was one based on 'The Little Mermaid'. I looked everywhere for an archive but can't get one, it was very educational and you had the likes of Ariel to make it that much funnier. To be honest, this (and my fascination with flowers) were one of the first things for my mother to think, "Maybe my son is going to be gay!" After I got bored of that I began to collect Disney's Big Time and finally Gamesmaster. I think the latter was to try and hide my obsession with my sister's Barbies.

In the playground I loved pogs.

(Down below are some that I still have stored in my room)

I also collected Premier League stickers. Now this was just to fit in with the fact that I never played football really well at P.E. So being the young and naive kid that I was, I thought that this sticker collection thing would help me out among the kids. To some degree it did.

When Pokemon became a massive thing, of course I had to get involved, I wasn't going to be the kid that wasn't into Pokemon. It was such a big thing, look at the kid below and how crazzzzy he goes when he gets a card he needs..........I was never that crazy, I swear.



One of the proudest things I collected was stickers along with my sister, she bought them and I put them in her sticker book. Still to this day, I look at them with admiration.

(Below are some samples from her books. Wasn't I just so creative.)



The last major thing I collected was bar mats, this was during I'm becoming a teenager phase. At one point it became an addiction, I would go to every pub in a town or village, just to see if they had anything different.

(In the picture below, is some of the many I have stored in a bag in my room.)

So now that I'm an adult I wish to collect something new and refreshing. I'm a big fan of 'The Bone Collector', so maybe..............

No comments: