Thursday, January 15, 2009

what the 'calendar' f***?

I was walking down Grafton Street last night, all snuggled up in my jacket, minding my own business. Turned to my right seen some calendars, continued to walk, stopped, walked back and realized it wasn't some calendars, it was actually a shop full of them. In fact the shop was called, Calendar Club.

Don't get me wrong whatever your into and all but I instantly thought this was very Talbot St of Grafton. A calendar shop on what I was believed to be one of the most prestigious streets of the world. Especially when the streets rents is one of the highest in the world. I remember the time when Meteor were finding it difficult to get a outing just because of its name, not because money was short.

And now they have a CALENDAR SHOP. What does this mean? Are we going to be expecting a euro shop along the street soon? Please don't tell me the bad times have brought this on.....a CALENDAR SHOP!!! It's a disgrace that this was allowed, I thought my eyes were playing tricks with me, but no, I double checked! Will someone please give me an explanation to this because I just don't get it.

Whats next for Grafton Street?

A shop that sells hearts in all shapes and sizes for Valentines and then some shamrocks for Paddy's Day!

No comments: